Monday 22 December 2008

Return of the light.

The shortest day is now past, and the sun has appeared victorious over the horizon. I sneaked out from between sleeping son and husband, slipped on my duffel coat and garden clogs, grabbed the camera and watched the events unfold from the west boundary wall. First it was dark, then a pale gleaming silver and before long rosy hues began to deepen into flame. I felt a bit like a spectator at some heavenly contest of might between the forces of dark and light - which it may very well have been. I think the good guy won, but he needed the darkness to shine through.
Photographs can never do justice to such a spectacle, but here is my paltry homage to the return of the light.

Have a good Yule y'all.

1 comment:

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...