Saturday 12 September 2009

Growing and learning.


James has developed an interest in real gardening - as opposed to running around, or using it as a background for his various construction projects. No - this was spontaneous, and yet he has obviously been observing us planning and working.
I had cleared the last of the potatoes - leaving the ground nice and clean, ready to get some winter salads planted. I went off to do something else and didn't really pay attention to what he was doing.
"Look Mummy - tomatoes!" said a, very pleased voice.

I looked around and saw that he had picked a couple of courgette flowers, and raided some plant labels from the next bed, and 'planted' them.

Later that night I asked him if he would like to plant anything else. He though for a minute and said
'More tomatoes.... and macaroni"
So, yesterday, that is just what he did.
He sowed some Gardener's Delight tomato seeds,

and then the macaroni.

He was very careful about planting each macaroni 'seed', covering them with soil and then labelling the patch.

Pasta and pomodori - what a classic combination.
I love the way children learn. It is such a privelege to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...