Tuesday 15 March 2011

Here today...


....gone tomorrow!

The For Sale sign went up at 10.30 am Friday morning. 
At 5 o'clock, a knock came to the door.  The son of a neighbour from further up the road had seen the sign and stopped to ask for more information.  He had always admired the house as he was growing up and couldn't believe it had come up for sale just at the time he was looking for a home nearby.  We asked him in for a quick look round, and he ran about, so excited,almost like a boy in a toy shop.  He asked if he could bring his wife the following afternoon.
They arrived at 12.10 pm (well, it was afternoon).  She loved the house and the garden - they went away to think about it. 
On Sunday evening, they phoned and asked to come and speak to us.  We accepted their verbal offer at 8 pm.
On Monday morning, our solicitors were instructed to accept the offer, and by 2 pm, the house was sold!

My head is whirling with the speed of it all.  I am so pleased that this couple have bought the house. We have so many happy memories of our time here, and it has been a springboard for our new venture.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I was finding it hard to leave, but it is so much easier knowing it is in loving hands.  They said that by the time they got halfway down the garden, on Saturday, they knew. I so clearly recall feeling exactly like that when we first came to see the house twelve years ago.  It feels so right.

So - moving in just a few weeks time. Trip back up is postponed as we begin the packing - most of the furniture is staying with the house, as the couple are renting out their old flat.  It has all dovetailed  perfectly. 

I am so excited - I am an Islander :)
xxx

24 comments:

  1. I love how when we make a decision the whole Universe moves to support us. Your blog post brings tears of happiness to my eyes. Here's to you, Islander!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So happy it worked out so very well and simply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, both to you and your purchasers, it was meant to be, It makes selling it emotionally easier for you as well. A
    similar same thing happened when we sold our 1st house,, we haven't looked back :)
    Sue Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, wonderful news. Lifts the heart when it feels right xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so so excited for you and the new carers of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is really super! i love it when things work out so perfectly and to have someone buy it who cares about it and you know will take care of it is wonderful. i hope your move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's got my eyes leaking! How wonderful that they feel the same way about the house as you did when you saw it. Here's to being islanders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol! That last sentence got Elton John's song Island Girl stuck in my head.
    A plethora of emotions here. A bit of envy as I am getting overwhelmed trying to get my stuff sorted and packed up, some bittersweet memories of how everything just "clicked" when I decided to move here 6 years ago and joy and awe and gratitude for you that it working the same for you. When it just happens that way, how can you doubt you are where you are meant to be.
    How wonderful to know the place is going to people who will love it!
    Congratulations on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic, what perfect timing and how lovely to sell it to somebody who is clearly going to love it as much as you have. You're going to have such an exciting year and what a great start to your plans! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all - it is indeed wonderful:)
    Meggs- I'm sorry. I had no idea you were moving too!
    We made a start on the packing today, and I am sure we will get into it - just a little bit at a time. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous15/3/11 20:52

    That is a *wonderful* story - at a time when properties are up for sale for months and even more than a year in some cases! "What's meant for you won't pass you by"!! Many congratulations - I'm so, so happy for you all. It's wonderful for the new owner as well. Here's to you, Islander!

    ReplyDelete
  13. See, it's all turning out right. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The right people at the right time. Could it be any better.
    I wish you well with your move and new home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. no WAY! That is so awesome!!!!!!!!
    congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thats wonderful news Jacqui. I'm so pleased for you. This is obviously meant to be.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. How wonderful for all involved. The timing seems perfect, like dancers stepping to a music just beyond hearing. Good fortune to all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. we are house-hunting at the moment I wish we could find our dream house that quickly lol No such luck. Its going to be a busy time ahead of you then.
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. did you get me the harris tweed addresses and prices

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello - if you click on harris Tweed in my link list, you should find colours and prices there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seems like it was meant to be. My word that is just amazing how quickly that went. Your head must be whirling. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. gOOD LUCK with the move. I am so pleased for you. XXX Don

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is how it goes when it's as it should be. How wonderful! I remember when we found the house we are living in now - we had decided a day earlier that it was time for a move, and the owner of our current house stopped us on the street wondering if we were interested in renting his house. Such synchronicity!

    Now we are perhaps on the verge of moving again - a much bigger move. So scary to leave, but so exciting to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! WOW! That is amazing! How simply it all panned out for you. I have my fingers crossed that when we put our house on the market the same thing will happen. You were obviously meant to go. now. blessings to you and your fam on this quick journey.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...