Sunday 23 August 2015

Weekend postcards































What a lovely weekend we have had - the weather has been hot, but very windy -"like a desert wind" James declared. We are just back in from enjoying a very pleasant and very extended Sunday lunch down at our neighbours' home. No photographs of that though, as I didn't take my phone, but there was delicious food, great company, cake, a 4 week old baby to coo over, and lots of chat. Perfect.

I thought I would quickly share a few moments from the end of the week, - a wee catch up post.

I finally managed to try out a new coffee stop in town - the house blend was wonderful, and it is such a cute wee venue, down by the harbour. Highly recommended.

Some decorating happened - James's bedroom is having a bit of a revamp. This is the before picture, but I will share the after photos at a later date, once the full refurb is done. If you follow me on IG, you may have seen the new, very blue colour, but more is to happen...

I bought myself some gladioli at the co-op. How exuberantly red they look, especially in the evening light. They make me smile when I look at them.

And there has been some incredible evening light and sunsets this weekend. The shot above is the Eastern sky - the sun went down with such a blaze of glory that the whole sky was coloured.

I made a perfect risotto, even if I do say so myself.

And, we have been going on night-time nature walks. James decided that he wanted to "see more nature". "But we are surrounded by nature!" I said, surprised. He said he was remembering when we were in Skye that there always seemed to be lots of frogs around just as he was going to bed, so wanted to go out and see if there were any here. Off we toddled into the twilight and had a lovely time looking for nature. We didn't see any frogs, but saw moths, a bat, wildflowers, and a neighbour's dog. We heard various birds calling down at the shore, and saw a flock of geese fly right over our heads, so close, we felt the draught from their wings. The next night, we headed out again, in the opposite direction.There wasn't much to see this time - a few little white moths, a couple of spiders, a cat hunting, a rabbit ,and the same neighbour's dog. It was a warm, sultry night though, and I think the wildlife was more successful at finding us...

Over these busy summer months, I have disabled the comments. Thank you for dropping by and I hope you are enjoying the season, wherever you are. Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead. xx

Joining Karen to share weekends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...