Thursday 22 January 2009

Bees!

I am going on a beekeeping course! I got a lovely email from the man from EMBA to say the course was starting up in March, just a few miles away from us and there would be 29 including me. I think that's a really high number of people in Lothian who are thinking of becoming beekeepers, so good news for bees. I am not sure if the garden would be suitable for a hive - its long and narrow, and there are a lot of houses round about now, and associated overhead phone cables which might disrupt their flightpaths. I guess I'll find out all these things on the course. If not, them I am sure I can borrow a corner of a local farmer's field. Wonder what sort of people will be in my class!
I have not given up on hens by the way - plans are afoot to give Jenny some company - and us some eggs!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, good luck with them. It's something I could never do, as I tend to get a bit hysterical around them, but I do try to be brave!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire - yes i will be quite nervous as i have never had a bee sting in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...