Wednesday 29 July 2009

The Black Tomato


We've waited ages for one to become ripe, and even then we kept it in the sunny conservatory for a day or two to see if it would turn any blacker - and so it did. Our first Black from Tula tomato was duly taste tested today by the supreme master of tomato tasters - James.
Tomatoes are his thing. Tomatoes or chocolate? Tomatoes every time - really! But this tomato looked like it was made of chocolate, so what would the verdict be?



Chocolate - no - I mean tomato heaven. This is a boy who knows what he likes- a gourmet in the making. The small crescent I did manage to sample had me concurring with James's assessment of a delicious balance between sweetness and acidity

As you can see!

4 comments:

  1. Looks delish!

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your black tomato. Makes me want to grow them next year just for the colour and knowing they taste good too is a real bonus. I am also impressed by your tomato taster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely one to go for again - the trouble is that there is a whole unexplored black tomato world out there....

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...