Wednesday 2 October 2013

Under the Sun (October 2013)

Sunrise


 1st October 2013 07.30 am


1st September 2013 06.25 am


Noon


1st October 2013


1st September 2013

Sunset


1st October 2013 07.00 pm


1st September 2013 08.25 pm

There has been quite a change in the position of the sun on my horizon in the last month - and in the length of the day - now 2 1/2 hours less daylight than at the beginning of September. We have passed the Autumnal Equinox of course, so the balance has shifted towards the longer darker nights. This end of this month sees the clocks going back, as Summertime ends, so the sunset will be even earlier. The weather has been very warm and sunny though, so it is good to get outside and take advantage of these busy golden days. 

12 comments:

  1. Such stunning pictures! I love the glory and majesty of a sunrise and a sunset. It makes me more thankful for all the hours in between.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo lovely pictures! I find it ever so amazing that as you are well into autumn and eventually long darker winter days, we are well into spring and long hot, bright summer days! I am not sad to say goodbye to this winter, its been hard illness-wise! Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love October 1st the very best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I thank you again for continuing to show us these photos comparing how the sun's rising and setting alters month by month. My workplace has large skylights, and my colleagues and I were rather startled tonight to suddenly realize that the New York City sky was dark before 7 p.m.

    I feel as if I did not bid the sun a proper farewell before its daily routine changed.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning photo's!
    Thankyou for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4/10/13 23:55

    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing a few glimpses of the stunning scenery where you are ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5/10/13 01:14

    I'm a sucker for sunsets...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful series of photographs
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful landscape your are blessed with! Your photos capture the sky and the sun and horizon so well and make me want to visit your part of the world one day! Shorter days are indeed upon us in the northern hemisphere -- time to light fires and candles and create delicious stews and casseroles. Welcome Fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning post. Thanks

    I would frame picture number 4.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5/10/13 17:33

    Very beautiful - thank you for sharing that with us, Jaqui. I can't see a horizon from my new house, other than other buildings, so I will have to find a place to go where I can!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...