Tuesday 6 March 2012

Thrifted.

The chi was certainly flowing today when I went into one of the charity shops in town, and I just had to come here and share my finds.  Just how could I resist this sweet wee teapot?  Only £1!!!  Love it :)
And a nice vintage jigsaw.  No picture, so we didn't know what it was until we built it up, and it is the Farmer on his tractor, with his collie dog running alongside -  20p!!

A fleet of rather sporty vehicles and a double decker bus (with one wheel missing) - 5p each!


I remember Karen had a couple of these books when she was small - they were written and illustrated by a nine year old girl, and they are really good.  James certainly enjoyed these wee stories at bedtime this evening. Oh yes - the price -30p!

A gorgeous selection of goodies from the linen basket.  Two sets of napkins, a crocheted mat and a beautiful blue floral pillowslip.  £3.50!!


I love this pillow case so much - it is a lovely soft linen type fabric.  Not sure yet what it will become - a bag maybe, part of a quilt, something for Erin, a table runner?  The possibilities are endless - so much inspiration. It's such a buzz when thrifting works  ♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. What a great haul! Sadly our charity shops down here can't begin to compete with yours on price, but I do occasionally stumble across a bargain....on Friday it was a candle making kit with lots of extra wax - £2.99, and a three-quarter length suede jacket - £9.99, in immaculate condition. I was pleased enough with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/3/12 22:15

    Those are great finds - the teapot in particular! Quite the conversation piece. Will you give it/him/her a name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i remember those garden gang books and being 9 and thinking the girl was so clever to write a book so young. I was always writing stories and wanting to be an author. i guess i could still make that a reality lol...... Great finds! Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful time shopping. I love your tea pot and am sure it will bring a smile to your face everytime you prepare a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh yes I remember the Garden Gang too, I had loads of the books and loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The teapot is a wonderful find! I love to find bargain treasures. I wrote a post recently called, "My favorite Word". My favorite is free with my second favorite as "almost free". I agree, it is a real buzz when thrifting works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun finds! I love thrift stores! Right now, I'm into our local clothing consignment store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fun of thrifting. That teapot is very cute and what little boy wouldn't love a jigsaw puzzle with a tractor on it. Lovely finds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, you really did well at the thrift shop today. I remember the Garden Gang books - both my children used to collect them and really enjoyed them when they were small. I don't seem to find anything much in our thrift shops these days as the better things are always put on ebay and the shops consist mostly of clothes and paperback books !

    ReplyDelete
  10. there is nothing like finding good STUFF at the charity shops! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful...I love a bit of thrifting, you can't beat it!
    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your charity shop finds - especially the jigsaw and linen - lovely!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great thrifting Jacqui! I'm on a role this qweek as well, I get such a kick out of it. Much love x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lucky duck you were when you went out!! Love the teapot :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Garden Gang book- We have just been reading them with my biggies- SJ has been using them as reading books and has just 'written' his own- Peter Potato!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the charity shops too. everything you got is really fun. my favorite would have to be the double-decker bus. thanks for sharing your finds.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...