Wednesday 7 April 2010

Earth Day Hopes and Blessings


I remember seeing these Hope Wish Prayer Flags last year, linked from  Laura's blog.  I thought it was a wonderful idea and I so wanted to make some.  I suddenly thought last night that Earth Day - 22nd of April would be a perfect day for it.  I love the idea of flags of hope and love for the Earth floating on washing lines and strings, sending blessings to our planet.
It will be a fun craft activity for the whole family.  We have plenty of material that is never used, and also a few old pillow cases to use for the messages.  It is easy to draw on them with felt pens or crayons and we will use whatever we have around to customise them - buttons, feathers, ribbons, embroidery thread. The picture here is just a quick sample I did for this post.   The messages will be personal hopes, wishes, blessings or statements about our love for the Earth and prayers for her healing. We will peg our flags to the clothesline on Earth Day and send our love into the ether.  Who knows what might arise?


James has already chosen his material :)
Feel free to join us and post pictures of your own flags on Earth Day.
Let us re-member and then surely love and hope will prevail.

4 comments:

  1. Looking great. I really like hope flags, decorative and seeing them allows you to reflect on what is written.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And thanks for posting it now. So many times i read about cool things to do, on "the day" when there is no time to quickly make something. Does that make sense?

    James has excellent taste! Fab shade of blue and reminds me of a starry sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea- a bit like the Tibetan prayer flags.
    If you can believe it where we live we cannot have clothing lines-
    Luckily everything dries so quickly in the desert I can leave a few things out on my banister and they will be dry before dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea! I do like James' choice of fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...