Sunday 4 April 2010

Last week's gardening

Started off quite well.  The discovery of this little shoot was exciting.  This is a beautiful white poppy that I planted at least 7 years ago.  It flowered once, but was never seen again.  I have been wondering if the real winter weather kick started it back into growth.

Then the rains came - heavy and seemingly never ending.  But look at those hens behind that wire.  The new defenses seem to be working - maybe that's why it is called chicken wire. I am not relaxing yet - those ladies will be deep in the midst of strategy planning.

And finally - more snow.  Surprisingly deep and just as cold, but blackthorn winters never last for long.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, ick more snow, but your photo of it makes it look beautiful!
    I'm so glad your white poppy is coming up and after 7 years-wow! It's amazing isn't it?!
    Love the shot of those chickens. I do hope your new defenses work.
    Hope you dry out soon!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...