Wednesday 7 April 2010

Morning greetings.


Looking out of my bedroom window this morning, I spied my first dandelion flower of the year.  Yes, I know they will soon be popping up everywhere and taking over the garden, but it was nice to see such a sunny harbinger of Spring - and only a week behind New Mexico too!



I also spotted the Lady's Mantle - Alchemilla Vulgaris, which is spreading all around my front garden border like - well - a mantle.  What a lovely early morning drinking spot for  the little grubs and birds.
Meandering round the garden is such a gentle and calming way to start the day. Just being there and noticing what else is sharing this space is a tonic for the soul.

3 comments:

  1. It is a great way to start the day isn't it!
    Yesterday, i finished getting ready for work a little early, so i grabbed the binoculars and did a little "backyard birding." Your Lady's Mantle looks lovely as well as your cheery dandelion. Do you use/consume your dandelions (in salad or dandelion wine)? I've never been brave enough to try as i've heard the leaves can be bitter if you don't pick them young enough.

    Hope you are having a good week!

    meggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady mantle climbing like a mantle-I love that.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...