Wednesday 25 May 2011

Yarn along 3


I am happy to be joining in with Ginny at small things this week.
Two books to share, I had ordered Joel Salatin's The Sheer Ecstasy of being a Lunatic Farmer, but as soon as it was unwrapped, John nabbed it, and I have to be content with listening to him reading out snippets. I am looking forward to reading it myself. In the meantime I am reading The Hive by Bee Wilson. This is a lovely book, not about beekeeping, but a more philosophical and literary look at the bee in culture. It is from our visiting Library Van.
Knitting wise - I have started the Pure and Simple baby Cardigan from Weekend Knitting. This is for our nephew and his wife's baby, due in August. (You can see their wedding photo's here). I am using more of the Artesano superwash merino, this time in a soft cream.  I originally wanted to do this for Erin, but was put off because the pattern calls for two different needles to be used in each row, but in fact it is not as tricky as it first sounded.
Visit Yarn along to share what others are reading and knitting too. xx

8 comments:

  1. The Joel Salatin book sounds interesting, look forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you get to read it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cardy. interesting about the two different needles. looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photograph, very natural. Love the bee book, I might have to have a read of a copy sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting with your previous post and then into this one, I have never heard of the lunatic farmer book, but I just love the title. It sounds very intriguing in that John finds it so good, he must share snippets! I love it when I get a book like that!
    The bee book looks good too as does the knitting. I am thinking I need to learn to knit! (she says with some exasperation)
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful weekend. Hope the sniffles dry up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cardigan looks good so far. I will be waiting to see how it turns out knitted with such an unusaul technique. Books sound interesting too.
    Hope you're feeling better now.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little sweater pattern looks beautiful! I love your creamy wool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous26/5/11 18:49

    Both those books sound very inviting. Someone once told me that beekeepers believe(d?) that they had to tell the bees all that was happening in the household, and if they didn't the bees would leave. I love that bit of folklore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Pure and Simple baby cardigan. I knit one a bit ago and it turned out lovely. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting me. I love to read your thoughts and appreciate each one. I will respond to comments and queries here, so please check back xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...